Whimsy Crock Pot Week-Day 2Posted: May 22, 2012
Welcome back to my experiment of nothing but slow cooker recipes for an entire week. Today is Baked Potatoes! Who knew you could bake potatoes in the crock pot? Not me. My sister told me about a luncheon she had at her work, where someone brought these. What a great idea for a potluck!
If you have some leftover pulled pork from yesterday’s recipe, I bet it would be really good added to a baked potato. You can view the pulled pork recipe here.
- 4 baking potatoes, well scrubbed (or use enough to fill the crock, great for the next day lunch or dinner)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt to taste
- 4 sheets of aluminum foil
- Prick the potatoes with a fork several times. Then rub potatoes with oil, sprinkle with salt and wrap tightly in foil.
- Place the potatoes in a slow cooker, cover and cook on high for 4 1/2 to 5 hours, or on low for 7 1/2 to 8 hours until tender.