Whimsy Crock Pot Week-Day 3Posted: May 23, 2012
Let’s get right to it!
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (I just take them straight from the freezer)
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 (.7 oz.) package dry Italian dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 (10.75 oz.) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 (8 oz.) package of cream cheese, softened
- Grated parmesan cheese to taste
- Place chicken in the slow cooker. Top with 2 tablespoons of melted butter; sprinkle with Italian dressing mix.
- Cover, and cook on high for 3 hours. (Time may vary depending on if you are using frozen or thawed chicken. Cook until juices run clear.)
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion and garlic; cook and stir until onion is soft, about 5 minutes. Mix in cream of chicken soup, chicken broth and cream cheese. Pour mixture over the cooked chicken in the slow cooker.
- Cover and continue to cook on low until chicken is fork tender and the sauce has thickened, about an additional hour.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve over spaghetti or egg noodles.