Whimsy Crock Pot Week-Day 4Posted: May 24, 2012
Soup, soup, soup…I love a good soup! One of my favorite things about soup is that it’s usually better the 2nd day.
Day 4’s recipe is super easy but delicious!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (16 oz.) can chili beans, with liquid
- 1 (15 oz.) can kidney beans, with liquid (I sometimes substitute with black beans)
- 1 (15 oz.) can whole kernel corn, with liquid
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans peeled and diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chile peppers
- 1 (1.25 oz.) package taco seasoning mix
- In medium skillet, cook the ground beef until brown over medium heat. Drain, and set aside.
- Place the ground beef, onion, chili beans, kidney beans, corn, tomato sauce, water, diced tomatoes, green chiles and taco seasoning mix in a slow cooker. Mix to blend, and cook on low for 8 hours.
I love to add a little sour cream to this. Or eat it with some tortilla chips…mmm, yummy!