Whimsy Crock Pot Week-Day 5Posted: May 25, 2012
Wow! Day 5 already?! I am so excited about sharing today’s recipe with you!! My family LOVES this one. The first time I made it, my husband said he could eat it everyday and die a happy man. My son, who isn’t too crazy about meat, couldn’t get enough of it. And it’s so low-maintenance and delicious, so therefore I love to fix it! Win-win-win if you ask me.
I’ve made a few additions to the original recipe from food.com, but nothing too crazy.
So, now you’re dying to know what “it” is. Well…it’s…
- 1 (4-5 lb) beef roast, any kind
- 1 (1 1/4 oz.) package brown gravy mix, dry
- 1/2 package of dried Italian salad dressing mix (original recipe called for the whole package, but I found it too salty)
- 1 (1 1/4 oz.) package ranch dressing mix, dry
- 1/2 cup water
- 2-3 potatoes, any kind (I just use scrubbed Russet potatoes, skin and all.)
- 1/2 lb. carrots
- 1 small onion
- Place beef in crock pot.
- Mix the dried mixes together in a bowl and sprinkle over the roast.
- Cut up potatoes, onion and carrots into bite-size portions and place around the beef.
- Pour the water around the roast.
- Cook on low for 7-9 hours.
Your house will smell amazing while this is cooking! The beef is so tender, and don’t get me started on how tasty the gravy is…OMG!! I personally think brown gravy can make anything taste good. This one is a MUST TRY & happy crock pot cooking!
Will please take a minute to like my Facebook page? Thanks so much!