Whimsy Crock Pot Week-Day 7Posted: May 27, 2012
We made it through an entire week of Crock Pot cooking! I hope you’ve enjoyed the recipes. Try one, try them all. Send me a comment and let me know what you thought of them.
Here’s a recap of this past week:
And now for Day 7’s delight. I found this recipe on the LiveStrong.com website. That website is full of so many useful tips on cooking, healthy living and even green cleaning. I haven’t even scratched the surface of all it has to offer.
This recipe is only 200 calories per serving, so no guilt…unless you eat the whole batch.
- Cooking spray
- Parchment paper
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup trans fat-free margarine or butter substitute (I didn’t have this, so I used regular butter. I’m sure it added a few more calories, but it worked just fine.)
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (may substitute dark chocolate chips)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Spray the Crock Pot with cooking spray, coating it thoroughly. Line the bottom of the Crock Pot with parchment paper, then spray the parchment with cooking spray.
- Mix flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a bowl and blend well.
- Combine evaporated milk, butter, egg and vanilla extract in a separate bowl. Gently fold in the dry ingredients and mix until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts, if desired.
- Pour mixture into your Crock Pot, cover and cook on the low setting for 2 to 3 hours. Check the brownies after 2 hours by inserting a toothpick into the center. If toothpick comes out clean, turn off the Crock Pot and allow brownies to cool for 15 minutes.
Have a fantastic holiday! And please take a quick second to like my page on Facebook. Thanks!