Today is Day 6 of my Crock Pot cooking week. I have loved it so far! Since it’s Saturday and the start of a holiday weekend, today’s recipe will feed quite a few people. I got this recipe from food.com.
Time is short, so let’s jump right in!
- 3-4 boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 sweet onion, sliced however you like
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced or 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. seasoning salt
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- Place chicken, onions and pepper in slow-cooker. Sprinkle spices over all. Add lime juice and stir well.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours. If chicken is frozen, cooking time may be longer.
- Serve with warm tortillas, cheese, sour cream or your favorite toppings.
If you have a favorite crock pot recipe you would like to share, please email me at email@example.com. I would love to feature it in another blog post!
Let’s get right to it!
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (I just take them straight from the freezer)
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 (.7 oz.) package dry Italian dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 (10.75 oz.) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 (8 oz.) package of cream cheese, softened
- Grated parmesan cheese to taste
- Place chicken in the slow cooker. Top with 2 tablespoons of melted butter; sprinkle with Italian dressing mix.
- Cover, and cook on high for 3 hours. (Time may vary depending on if you are using frozen or thawed chicken. Cook until juices run clear.)
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion and garlic; cook and stir until onion is soft, about 5 minutes. Mix in cream of chicken soup, chicken broth and cream cheese. Pour mixture over the cooked chicken in the slow cooker.
- Cover and continue to cook on low until chicken is fork tender and the sauce has thickened, about an additional hour.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve over spaghetti or egg noodles.